Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The One Year Apron!

It only took me fifteen months, but I finally finished my first apron project! For those of you who don't know (or don't remember), I embarked on my apron-making experiments last year while James was deployed. After about twelve hours of hard labor, I had to give up on my original apron project and settle for a half-apron instead. I had never worked with a pattern before and I made the mistake of picking one with rounded edges and a gathered ruffle. Anyway, I stuffed the finished but unattached top-half of the apron in a drawer, vowing to one day to back and put the damn thing together. Since then, I've been using the bottom as a half-apron and that's worked pretty well. Today I felt inspired to finally put the two pieces together once and for all. Here are the results:
Hooray for being finished and being able to check something off my pre-moving to do list! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.