Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chicken Scaloppine with Garlic Sauteed Spinach and Roasted Red Potatoes

Another cooking adventure without James! This is yet another creation from the depths of my mad mind! Chicken scaloppine, baby spinach sauteed in garlic and olive oil and topped with a little feta cheese, and roasted red potatoes in a chive butter sauce.



Part One: the chicken

Ingredients:
boneless chicken breasts
plain bread crumbs
seasoning blend
pepper
olive oil



Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine bread crumbs, seasoning blend, and pepper in a shallow dish. Don't ask me how much because I just guess and smell it until it looks pretty good. Dredge chicken breasts in crumbs, coating both sides well. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Get the oil too hot and it'll smoke. My range temperatures are "Lo", "2-8", and "Hi." I set my burner to "5." Cook the chicken for three minutes on each side, then transfer skillet into the oven for 25 minutes. Garnish with a slice of lemon (optional - I actually didn't do this because I didn't remember to get the lemon until I was already in the check-out at Food Lion and I was next in line).



***NOTE*** My pans have metal handles and are made to go into the oven (Calphalon Contemporary Stainless). If yours can't do that, then you will have to transfer the chicken breasts into a shallow baking dish, probably coated in cooking spray.

Part two: the spinach

Ingredients:
baby spinach
olive oil
minced garlic
pepper
feta cheese



Heat one or two tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat (setting "5" and then down to "Lo" to keep warm). Saute one teaspoon of minced garlic until golden. Add entire bag of baby spinach and saute. Don't worry, it will reduce down. Pepper to taste and garnish with feta cheese (optional).





Part three: the potatoes

Ingredients:
Bird's Eye Steamfresh Roasted Red Potatoes with Chive Butter Sauce



Take bag of potatoes out of freezer and microwave for 5-6 minutes. Is it cheating? Yes. Was it delicious anyway? Yes. Will I do it again? YES! (Just don't tell Beth!)

Put it all together and enjoy with a glass of wine. I had a pinot grigio and it was quite good. Bon appetit!














Total time: 35-40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.