Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Michael Pollan Book!








The basic premise of his previous book, "In Defense of Food," is that we should "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." In it, he explains the importance of eating whole foods (like fresh fruits and vegetables) instead of processed food products and the importance of eating primarily plants (fruits, vegetables, and grains) and only high quality meats (did you know that grass fed beef is higher in omega-3's and lower in the inflammatory omega-6's than grain-fed beef?) and only in moderation.


In any case, I haven't gotten "Food Rules" yet but I am very excited to get it. It's small, only 112 pages, and available in paper back. Maybe I'll pick up a copy and keep it in my bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.