Monday, May 28, 2012

Senior Status

Well I made it through my first year of nursing school. Yay me! Surprisingly enough it actually went by much faster than I expected it would this time last year. I ended the semester with a trip to Orlando to attend the annual NTI conference hosted by the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses. It was a really amazing experience and I'm glad I went. I met a lot of influential nursing leaders, but I also got to meet other critical care nurses. Oh, did I forget to mention that I was accepted to a prestigious nursing externship for the summer? I will be working in a combined medical intensive care unit/cardiac care unit. I am so excited!! I'm really hoping to fine tune my assessment skills and learn a lot about some of the high-tech ICU equipment (ventilators, chest tubes, etc). Earning a paycheck will be AMAZING, but the learning experience with be priceless.


And may the peace of the Lord be always with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.